- 4.95ct Unheated Grape Garnet
- No eye visible inclusions, strong lustrous gem
- An intense purple with red flashes known as Royal Purple.
- The gem displays a fascinating color change, from an intense grape color under daylight to cranberry with magenta flashes under incandescent lighting.
- Approx 10.21mm (H) x 8.06mm (W) x 6.47mm (D)
The “grape” garnet is a mix of the pyrope and almandine garnets, and tend to display a color shift under different light sources. Hence, it is not unheard of to see these gems shift from a pleasant grape purple in colder light to a bright pinkish red or magenta in warmer light.
This rare purple-red garnet is mined only in the State of Orissa on the Bay of Bengal in eastern India.
Indeed, faceable gem material above three carats is quite rare, and stones above five carats tend to be overly dark regardless of the cutting style. Hence, the grape garnet.
Finally decided on this Grape Garnet? Contact us and start your bespoke journey now! You will not regret it. Not sure if we are the one to curate your dream jewel? Check out our Instagram and other social media pages to take a look at our clients’ testimony and their experience with us!
“Experience the Bespoke
Journey. Our Promise
Every bespoke piece we create focuses on you. Here, you’ll see how we make your dream jewellery piece – from design to handcrafting it to perfection.